Astra Suites is located at Imerovigli village in Santorini, Greece. Listed among the best hotels in the world, is currently seeking to recruit for the position of:
Assistant Hotel Manager
As an Assistant Hotel Manager, you will:
- Handle the day-to-day operations
- Delegate and assign duties to team members and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures
- Responsible for conducting in–house training for team members in the hotel or on a regular basis
- Responsible for all Hotel departments
- Act as the hotel public relations and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community
- Responsible for monitoring the Guest feedback on Trip Advisor, OTA’s, etc.
- Prepare the team member’s weekly schedule
- Resolve guest complaints and service recovery process
- Responsible for selecting or assisting in the selection of hotel staff and in charge of processing all new hire paper works
- Responsible for reviewing employee performance and conducting personnel actions such as disciplinary actions
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, Direct billing, etc.
- Adhere to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
- Responsible for enforcing full compliance with hotel operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures, and service standards
- Ensure the objectives and goals of the hotel and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success
- Take responsibility and build owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations, and delivering solid business results
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant, and work areas are maintained to standard – Responsible for performing daily, weekly, and monthly property inspections.
- Build strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfillment of special event needs
- Cover shifts in Reception and Breakfast
- Responsible for Monitoring maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and providing status report to management
- Audit on-par stock in all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need
- Perform sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas
- Responsible for Providing effective leadership to hotel team members
- Ensure hotel staff is provided with uniforms and name tags and upholds property grooming standards
- Ensure effective, timely, and accurate communications flow with regard to hotel policies and procedures
- Assist in all aspects of business planning with the Management
- Must be available 24/7 to respond in case of any guest or employee emergencies
- Show capacity to perform other duties as assigned by the management
- Play a part as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills
- Identify the developmental needs of hotel staff and provide coaching, and mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills as required
- A degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset or a Graduate bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in a hotel or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in English and Greek. The French language is considered a plus!
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-oriented
- Knowledge of PMS systems, Channel Manager
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Hand’s on
- Ambition to evolve both personally and professionally in a fast-growing and expanding hotel management company
We offer a comprehensive salary based on experience, shared accommodation in our brand-new facilities, meal on duty, uniform cleaning, a friendly work environment, and opportunities for career development.
If you feel you are the right candidate and have the skills we are looking for,
please forward your CV with a recent photo.
Please note that this is a full-time seasonal and you must be eligible to work in Greece.